Current Happenings

Friday, August 29, 2008

August 29, 2008

Yay! I only have two more pounds, and then I will have lost 30 pounds! I can almost taste the success. I think that it tastes like meatloaf. lol

I made meatloaf for dinner yesterday, and it was very yummy. My husband wasn't that big of a fan, but he literally likes a brick of meat. I made a point to fill the meatloaf with lots of vegetables, which made it light and moist. I added some rice for a filler, and then loaded in a bunch of onion, green pepper, and even the tomatoes from my garden. I can't believe that DH ate tomatoes without sifting through the meatloaf to pick them out. I was careful not to mention them until after he was done eating though.

In addition to the meatloaf, I also cooked some corn on the cob and broccoli. I really love my multi-tier steamer. It is a wonderful thing. I put my corn on to boil in the bottom, and then steamed the broccoli in a steamer pot above the corn.

I had some running around to do last night, after dinner. When I came home, we all got settled in and kicked back to relax. After Pumpkin went to bed, DH and I had a little ice cream for dessert. I had a very small serving, and added a serving of animal crackers to it, to make it seem more substantial. Boy, that ice cream was so sweet that I thought my head was going to pop off. I guess that is what happens to a gal when she doesn't normally eat sugar. My small serving was quite enough for me, and I didn't want any more afterward.

I am looking forward to getting back in the gym next week. It will feel good to hike the treadmill and lift weights, especially after the stress that I anticipate from starting school again this year. I don't adapt to change very well, and getting up earlier and trying to be happy about it is going to be a little difficult. Dealing with a child who likes to procrastinate with lessons is equally difficult. I really do enjoy homeschooling though, so it all ends up being worth the little bit of stress. It's just getting into the routine that takes some work. Once we get into our groove, things move much better.

0 comments: