Current Happenings

Monday, August 25, 2008

Frustrated

I've been a little frustrated with myself lately. We've been surrounded by family functions, reunions and birthday parties. While I've made a point to be active and still go to the gym, I have been nibbling on foods that I know I shouldn't be. Goodness, yesterday I ate a pop tart.

All in all, I guess that I haven't been doing awfully, but it feels like that because I've been more lax. I haven't been feeling well, nor sleeping well. My stomach has been upset, and I find that I am nibbling more to try and ease my stomach, even when I know I shouldn't be eating.

Anyway, I stepped on the scale today, and it read 225. I know that my reading of 221 was probably a freak reading, since it was a dramatic drop from the day before. Still, I'd much rather be closer to that number than where I am at. I need to get a hold on things before I set myself back any further. Since I know that I've been slacking off on my water intake, that is where I am starting. I am going to make a big effort to drink sufficient water today.



12:35 pm

Maybe I should be surprised, but I'm not. I spent the morning hydrating myself. I've had three cups of water, plus one cup of coffee. When I stepped on the scale, it read a whole pound lighter than it did this morning. So, I am now at 224 lbs and holding... at least for a moment. I have my next round of water sitting next to me, waiting to be ingested. I will take another three cups of water, and follow it with a cup of soup.

I'm not sure what I am doing later in the afternoon. I plan on sitting down to dinner with my family, though I'm not sure what I should eat right now. I'd like something light and moist, maybe some ripe fruit. I'll have to figure all of that out when I get there. I have a lot of running around to do this evening, as my grocery shopping needs doing. I only have one roll of toilet paper remaining in my reserve, and that puts me into the red zone for panic. *laughs* I'm not actually in a panic, but there have been times when being low on toilet paper has brought on a fair amount of anxiety. I guess we all have our oddities, and I don't like the thought of running out of toilet paper. It wouldn't be the end of the world or anything, but it would make things interesting.

0 comments: