Current Happenings

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Week 10 Weigh-In

I am down another 2 lbs. this week, though I hadn’t really anticipated it. I had my monthly last week, and it made me feel like a snacking monster. Really, I didn’t do poorly at all, but it *felt* like I did… probably because I was a little worried about it. My perception of the food that I eat isn’t quite right, which is why I so diligently journal all of my food. Otherwise, I may just starve myself out of fear that I’m eating too much. I did have a wonderful chocolate donut though. It was glazed and wonderfully soft. Because I had that donut, I’ve been able to forsake the chocolate chip cookie dough that has been whispering to me from the freezer. I just stick my tongue out at it as I grab a low-calorie popsicle instead.

The real challenge is going to be coming up at the end of this week. I won’t have all of my regular tools and foods, as I’ll be visiting relatives. Have I mentioned that my grandparents are in LOVE with buffet houses? I tell ya, it makes me shake in my boots. Ok, not literally. I guess I could probably find some decent foods to eat at a buffet, if I am exceedingly careful and hit the salad bar first. Thankfully, there are lots of ways to be active at my grandma’s house. Aside from a great abundance of grass that I could cut with the push mower, they also have a swimming pool. Then there are the daily walks that Papa takes, on which I might accompany him. I would love to just relax and not think about all of this stuff, but that green dress isn’t getting any larger, let me tell ya. I really should go and try it on again, just to remind myself of how much work I still have to do.

I was talking with my sister about that dress. She seemed to think that it had something to do with my Dad’s wedding, but it doesn’t, not really. More than anything, it has to do with me wanting to feel beautiful and fun-loving, and for my extended family to be a mite impressed with my glowing health. Hey, when I only see folks at weddings and funerals, I’d like for them to think of me as being happy and healthy. Besides, a plethora of compliments might distract me from the urge to throw up on …. well, let’s just leave it there. Suffice it to say that while I put on a happy face, I’m really quite disturbed. I want to go and have a wonderful night out with my husband. I want to drink and dance, and maybe even do a little kissing in a quiet corner. The rest of the stuff… eh, not so much fun.

Alrighty, I had better get my buns out of this chair and into the kitchen. A yogurt does not a breakfast make, so I need to raid the eggs or something. There’s nothing like eggs and cauliflower for breakfast! (Ok, so other people might disagree. That’s alright.)

0 comments: