Current Happenings

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Week 12 Weigh-In

Well, compared to my last weigh-in, I am -1.5 pounds. I'd say that is pretty amazing, considering that I haven't been in "recovery" from my vacation for long. All in all, I've lost 25.5 lbs. thusfar and have 13.5 pounds left to lose before I reach my first big goal.

As the 'remaining' number gets smaller and smaller, I am more encouraged and feel hopeful that losing this extra weight is within my means. What I like the most is that I didn't go without anything in order to achieve the loss. I eat whatever foods I really want. I just try to be smart about it. I can have a really good hamburger without eating some 1/2 pound mega-burger with tons of mayo and french fries. I can have two slices of pizza and a diet soda if everyone else is having pizza. It's no big deal. I just can't eat half of the pizza, and then have gooey cinnamon sticks. As time goes by, I am increasingly alright with that. I can't eat that much anyway, not any more. I get full pretty fast these days, and I think that just means that my full-o-meter if finally working again, like it should.

0 comments: