Current Happenings

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Week 13 Weigh-In

Well, for the first time, I am posting a gain. I am up to 223.5 lbs., which is up by a pound since last weigh-in. Oh, and let me just say that it was chocolate chip cookies. The night before my weigh-in, I must have been a complete airhead. I didn't even think about what day it was, or that I had to step on the scale in the morning. Well, tartar sauce! *sigh* I can't eat sugary chocolate chip cookies without coming out heavier for it, whether I eat 1 or 10. I think that I had 4 cookies yesterday. That wasn't the most wonderful thing to do, but I'll deal with it.

I went to the gym today, all by my lonesome. I didn't exercise for as long as I had anticipated, but I blame that on my intestines. My husband wanted a pizza for dinner, and I had two pieces before heading to the gym. I guess that being minus one gall bladder, plus some pizza, adding on a lot of water, mixed in with good exercise... it must be a recipe for disaster. That makes me not want to eat pizza any more. Of course, it helps that the pizza wasn't as good as I had thought it might be.

My knee has been hurting me a lot today. I was really careful on the treadmill though, and my knee pain seemed to be eased by increasing the incline on the treadmill. I walked for 30 minutes on a 7% incline at 2.8 mph. I am typically more ambitious, but I didn't want to seriously hurt myself if the knee wasn't going to hold up to the exercise. Then I went and lifted weights until I thought my arms and shoulders would fall off. I lifted for my inner and outer thighs also, but they never get quite as sore as my arms/shoulders, at least not until the next day. I tried to ride the bike for 10 minutes, but I had to stop half of the way through.

All in all, I didn't have a stellar day today, but it wasn't *bad* either. I just need to get back into my groove. I've been feeling out of sorts since our vacation, and just haven't found my rhythm just yet. I'm working on it though.

0 comments: