Current Happenings

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Week 3 Weigh-In

Well, the numbers say that I am 1.5 lbs. lighter than I was last week. :) So, why am I not wonderfully happy about it? I must just be a hard girl to please, I think. I had hoped that this first ten pounds would come off much easier than this. I’m in too much of a hurry. *nods* That is what it is. I am expecting the weight just to fall off, but that probably wouldn’t be the best thing for me. One of the big lessons that I’m learning right now is how to eat right, and that I do have some will power. I’m not helpless when it comes to food.

I used to say before that I have no will power, but I’m seeing more and more that it isn’t true. For example, I could have used that excuse yesterday and had a little Snickers bar. Instead, I recognized that I didn’t really have a strong desire for chocolate- so it wouldn’t make a wise snack decision. I had a sugar-free hard candy instead. Instead of 70 calories, I had 5. It’s not even that there is anything wrong with having the little candy bar. However, why eat something higher in calories just to eat something? If I just want something in my mouth, I could have a cup of tea or a sugar free treat. If I want a little something to occupy my stomach, I can always have a yummy romaine salad with light ranch and Parmesan. It is just a matter of picking the right kind of food for what I feel I truly need. Last evening, I needed some protein. So, I mixed a can of tuna into my salad. It was good stuff.

So, while the weight isn’t melting away in this heat, maybe that is a good thing. If I have to fight harder for every pound to come off, maybe I’ll guard my weight better when I am more slender.

0 comments: