Current Happenings

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Week 4 Weigh-In

Somehow, I’ve managed to lose 4.5 lbs. this week. I think that it may just be because I’ve been trying to get a little more exercise in. I have been trying to do some kind of exercise every day, and that has been primarily lifting weights. I did hop on my glider and “walk” for 30 minutes yesterday. My legs started feeling like mush, but I stopped before I had too much weakness in my knee. I didn’t want to fall down while heading back upstairs.

When I was standing in front of the mirror this morning, I noticed that my shoulders are standing out a little bit. I still have a lot of fat to come off of my arms, but I can see that I have some good budding musculature under the jiggle. My torso is looking longer, because I *believe* I am losing some of the abdominal fat that I put on. I just have this one little roll that seems so out of place. I should be used to seeing it by now, but I’ve never made peace with it since it settled there when I was struggling to learn how *not* to eat like a pregnant woman. I’ve heard that stress causes folks to put on belly fat, and maybe that was it. I was under HUGE stress, practically out of my mind. Now, it looks as though it is going to be nice and be one of the first areas to smooth out as I lose weight. (I’ve always been a hips & thighs kind of gal- plenty of junk in my trunk, no matter how trim or flabby.)

I am just so thankful to the Lord for helping me through this thing. For no reason that I can explain on my own, a sense of confident resolve came over me. I know that I can do this, whereas I’ve been feeling sorry for myself for a year and a half, resigned to being beaten by my own weight. One day, I just woke up and knew that it was the day, and that I could be successful. That has even survived through goof-ups with ice cream cones. It truly is amazing. Thanks Daddy!

0 comments: