Current Happenings

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Week 8 Weigh-In

Well, here I am at the 2 month mark! Wow, has it really been that long? It just amazes me that I haven’t balked at all during this time. During previous weight loss ventures I have struggled to get through a week. This just makes me very happy.

I think that one of the things that has made this so much easier for me is that I’ve still been able to eat out with my family. If they are having tacos, I can have them too. If they are having a hamburger, I can have one too. It’s all about making informed decisions. So, I haven’t felt like I’ve lost out on anything during this journey.

When I stepped on the scale this morning, it read a 2 lb. loss since last week. I had to fight real hard to get the scale to move, because it was being stubborn. By working hard, I mean that I had to eat more food, and I lifted heavier weights. lol Eating more seemed to shake things up a bit, and then the scale moved again for me.

I am so happy to have reached the mark of 20 lbs. gone. Yay! That means that I am more than halfway to my first goal. I *probably* won’t make it there by the time my dad gets married, but I think that it is very possible to make it there for my own wedding anniversary. After I get to that point, I may pick at a few pounds while working to figure out where my maintenance level will be for a little while. To me, it sounds like a good idea to dip my toes into the one-hundreds and then just hang out in that spot until after Christmas. I need the exercise in holding one weight, and it might help me get through the holidays. I could have a couple of cookies without getting bent out of shape, but I’ll also still be aware and working on *not* putting weight on. I don’t know- we’ll see.

Now that I am 20 lbs. lighter, all I can think about is the next five pounds. I don’t know how fast I’ll see them come off, especially with my increase in weight training. However, I’ll be real happy when I can put up a starfish next to my anchor. *grins* Five pounds seems like a small amount, something attainable. What I like the best is how those five pound losses add up to big change!

0 comments: