Current Happenings

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Week 9 Weigh-In

I am down by another 2 pounds this week! That puts me at a 22 lb. loss so far.

I’ve found that one of my biggest obstacles in loosing the weight is that I crank down too hard on myself. I need to increase my caloric allotment a little bit, and then the weight comes off much easier. That has been one of the harder parts of this- trying to figure out what I need to be eating. There seems to be a “sweet spot” for me, where I lose the weight easier. If I eat more or less than that amount, I don’t really see results.

I am getting excited though, being in a different “decade” of numbers. lol I am happy to be in the 220’s, because it is so much closer to where I want to be. I will be even more excited when I get into the 10’s. I am working really hard to try and get to my pre-pregnancy (latest pregnancy) weight before my wedding anniversary at the end of October. If I am dedicated and don’t become overly zealous with the calorie cutting, then I should make it. That would be such a wonderful gift to myself.

There is still quite a way to go before I can fit myself into that green dress for my dad’s wedding. However, I also have a darker green dress that I can button up, that is just a little too snug. I could probably wear that easily by the time the end of August rolls around. It isn’t as flashy as the other dress, but I’m feeling as though the dark green of the dress matches my mood about the wedding better. We’ll see which dress I end up going in. I think that the darker green will end up being more comfortable, but DH might really enjoy seeing me in the lighter, more beautiful dress that he bought for me. All in all, it’s good to know that I won’t be without a dress if I can’t get that zipper up. Even if I can’t make it work for August, I might be able to wear the light dress for my own wedding anniversary. I don’t know where I would wear such a pretty dress, but I’m sure that I could come up with something.

0 comments: