Current Happenings

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 10, 2008

I am very happy to see the weight slowly coming off. I think that more anything though, I am happy to know that I haven't been gaining any weight since May 20th. In the past, my weight loss attempts have generally been rather short in time. For instance, when I started slimming down in 2006, I lost 30 lbs. in 2 months. I tend to sprint instead of slowing down and focusing on the marathon of life-long health.

I am glad to be so close to getting to this first goal, and being at the weight I had reached before I got pregnant with Ezzie. With only 9 1/2 lbs. left to go, it seems very attainable.

My clothes fit very differently these days. Everything is loose and comfortable, and doesn't cling to me in unflattering ways. I still haven't gotten used to the rough feel of the jeans, but I also haven't been wearing them much. Instead, I've been taking more care to put on hose and wear dresses. I don't look fancy or anything, but it is nice to look nice. I became resolved to take more care of my appearance, no matter my weight. So, for the past few weeks, I've made a point to put on a little lipstick and to fix up my hair a bit. I'm not sure that my husband really cares about that, but it makes me feel a little more put-together and prettier.

Hopefully I will reach my goal by some time next month. That would be a wonderful present to myself. Maybe I will buy myself a new dress at the end of October, something to flatter my ever-smaller figure. Our wedding anniversary is at the end of October, and it would be nice to have something flattering to wear out to dinner.

0 comments: