Current Happenings

Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 2008

I am very happy to be saying today that I've lost 30 lbs. so far! Not only did I drink all of my water yesterday, but I also went to the gym and exercised for an hour. I didn't exercise hard, basically because it's been a couple of weeks since I've been to the gym. Life has just been so hectic! I also had just eaten a heavy dinner of pizza before exercising. So, I hopped on the bike and slowly pedaled until I felt well enough to move on to the treadmill. I walked on the treadmill for a while, until my stomach began feeling upset. I guess I didn't take it easy enough, but I did manage to work off about 240 calories during my time. It's not spectacular, but it was sufficient.

When I went grocery shopping, I convinced my husband to come along. Well, because he was with me, he felt the need to pick up some junk food. He admits that he probably went a little overboard, because I don't keep that stuff in the house. *sigh* So, there has been this package of Oreo cookies staring at me from the dining table. I was tempted to have one or two yesterday, until I looked at the nutritional information. Instead of indulging, I stopped by the store on my way home from the gym. While I was there, I bought some animal crackers in both original and chocolate. I also bought a bunch of 80 cal. yogurt cups that I really enjoy, along with cauliflower and broccoli. So, now I have sufficient snacks to help me avoid the cookies and cheesy-poof things that my husband bought.

Ok, so substituting foods only goes so far, but it really helps me. That doesn't mean that I can't have junk once in a while, but I take it slow. My current favorite is to eat 4 vanilla wafers with a cup of vanilla yogurt. By the time that I am done with it, I feel that I've had sufficient sweets, I don't need other cookies and stuff. I can still have junk food, if I want it badly enough. There are things that I make myself do, however, in order to have the junk. For instance, if I know that I will eat something with a higher amount of sugar or salt, I make myself drink a big cup of water first. My big cup holds 3 cups of water, so it slows me down, makes me feel fuller, and keeps me hydrated. After my snack, I'll nurse another big cup of water for as long as it takes me to drink it. I do make a lot of trips to the bathroom. *laughs*

Nine more pounds to go. I love being in the single digits. I said that when I reached that goal, I might just maintain there for a little while. I'm not sure if that will be such a great idea though. That means that I will be struggling to try and maintain right through Thanksgiving and Christmas. I could probably do that, but actively working to lose weight might make it easier to avoid the holiday 'treats'. I don't know. I'll have to work it out as I go. My Fitday program says that if I stay on this rate of loss, I will be under 200 lbs. by the beginning of December. That would be a nice present for myself.

0 comments: