Current Happenings

Friday, September 26, 2008

september 26, 2008

I am happy that I'm doing so well lately. The evening before last, I asked DH if he could carry my recumbent bike up from the basement. I tried to help, but he found it easier to emulate He-Man. lol I just love my husband.

I've had a few days of good, clean eating, and now I am trying to get more exercise in. I haven't been making it to the gym, primarily because there have just been other things that need to get done. Yesterday, however, I got my exercise in anyway. I decided that if I was going to watch my shows, I was going to pedal while sitting in front of the t.v. . It has been just what I've needed!

One thing that has made the days easier has been cooking larger, healthier dinners. If I have lots of yummy healthy food, I eat better. That's not rocket science. Plus, if I have healthy leftovers in the fridge, we don't get fast food on the days when we are really busy or really tired. The microwave does all of the work, and we save money. All I have to do is remember to cook larger meals. I got into such a habit of only cooking just what we needed for one meal (because I was bad with leftovers), I didn't stop to think of how handy it was to have leftovers. Of course, this does mean that I have to be diligent about actually serving the food, and not letting anything turn into a science experiment. Things have been going very well on that front though.

0 comments: