Current Happenings

Sunday, September 28, 2008

September 28, 2008

After today, there will be just one more day to poke through before I log my weight in again. I've been relieved to see that I am not stuck at the same number on the scale. I have been a little concerned that this was going to be a very slow and painful month for slimming down. When I look at my overall accomplishment though, I feel better. I began living a more healthful lifestyle on May 20th. So, over the past 4.5 months I have managed to lose 33.5 lbs. from my body. That averages out to just over 7 lbs. per month. Where would I be at if I had gained 7 pounds each month instead? The thought produces a bit of nausea.

If I average another 7 lbs. per month, for the next few months, the results could be amazing. I could be well in the 100's by Christmas.

I've reached a point in time where I am trying very hard not to press myself for a certain weight loss. Seven pounds sounds wonderful, but I need to be happy with the idea of simply not gaining weight, and being exceedingly happy over every pound ( or ounce!) that I lose.

0 comments: