Current Happenings

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Back to the Gym

I'm headed back to the gym today! I haven't been there in quite a while, so it will be all the more fun to be there. I'm still not feeling 100% recovered from my respiratory infection, but I am feeling fine enough to exercise. I am hoping that added movement will help me burn some more calories, and also help to increase the efficiency of my digestive system.

Tonight, my main focus will be on cardio. I'm going to walk on the treadmill for 20-30 minutes. Normally I ride the bike, but I'm going to pass on that now that my bike at home is working. Instead, I'll lift some light weights for a little while, and then walk a little more on the treadmill. I want to get in about an hour of exercise, and then I'll come home and hydrate myself before my 9 p.m. cut-off time.

This cut-off time is a new development for my routine. Quite frankly, I'm tired of waking up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. So, I am working to cut out all eating and drinking after 9 o'clock in the evening. I'm not sure that I will always be able to stick to it, but I'll be happy if it helps me have better sleep in general.

0 comments: