Current Happenings

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chicken!

This is a "why do I do that!!!" post. *nods* You see, I was having so much success. Then, I decide to eat foods that I shouldn't have (like a piece of fried chicken). It's not that one piece of chicken is the end of the world, but that I ate it before bed. I know better than that. Not only did it give me an upset stomach for a couple of hours, but it is still trying to be friendly by hanging around.

I hate to have this kind of conversation with myself, but there is no getting past it. Self, you know your digestive system. Why would you eat foods at times when you know it will make it harder for you to get rid of them? Do you like being bloated? Do you like your intestines being cramped and full of junk? No, I didn't think so! So, Self, stop eating heavy foods at night. You know that it bothers you for days afterward. You know that all of that depresses you when you see the number on the scale, because you're full of junk that you can't get rid of. Stop doing it to yourself. Be nice to me.

0 comments: