Current Happenings

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Slight Detour!

I need just 1/2 pound to reach my goal, but I don't know when I'm going to see that loss. I might lose a little over my T.O.M., but I might have to wait for this week to be over. It causes me to pout, but just a little bit. :) I know that it's not really a big deal, but I was definitely hoping to see that number on the scale this morning. Have I mentioned that patience is not something that comes naturally to me?

Today, I am just focusing on how nice it feels to wear a pair of jeans that fit nicely. I can tuck my shirt in and not feel terrible about it. Sure, my butt still looks as big as Alaska, but I can get over that. I carry my weight around my hip area, and that is just the way that it goes. It is just really nice to look in my closet and know that I can wear all of my clothes in there. Ok, there is the exception of my prom dress that is tucked away in plastic. I may never be able to slip that on again, since I don't know that it means enough to me to look like I did as a teenager. But, I would like to keep it for Pumpkin, in case she would like to wear it when she is older. Anyway, my point is that I don't have a closet full of clothes that I am too big for. Yay!

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I moved all of my stretchy pants to my PJ drawer. They will do a great service in keeping me warm at night, and shall not be allowed to leave the house. I am setting up a general ban on stretchy pants as daywear.

While I'm blabbering on, I realized for the first time that I had a goal that didn't have a weight number attached to it! It felt so different, and a little strange. I was thinking about how nice it will be to celebrate one year of better health on my 'healtheir me' anniversary, which will be May 20th. I've never had a date like that to look forward to. It's an oddly pleasant feeling, because it means that I am still successful, even if I don't amazingly transform from squishy to svelt in 6 months time. Wonderful. :)

0 comments: