Current Happenings

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Grumpies

There is something good to be said for not trying to lose a certain amount of weight within a set time frame. I have lost quite a bit of weight so far, and I am generally very happy about it. Even when I'm not losing weight, my body is changing. Certain areas of my body still smooth out and feel nicer, even while the number on the scale remains the same.

So, it is frustrating to me that I'm grumpy about my progress today. I know that my impatience is a character flaw that I have. Everything is going very well for me, and yet I'm feeling melancholy because I'm not where I want to be. Well, du'h girl! Of course I'm not where I want to be. I spent too many days hanging my head and eating lots of garbage food. I'm not any kind of victim, and I am making changes to improve my health and fitness. I'm having success, so I wish that I knew just the right thing to shake off my doldrums.

I am thinking that maybe the weather is just getting to me a little bit, not to mention the stress of trying to plan for Thanksgiving. The weather makes me feel very dumpy, sad, and sleepy. Maybe I haven't been spending enough time under my special lamp. I will remedy that today, and I'll also do some heavier physical work. There is plenty of work to do, now that I've laid down another layer of drywall mud, and it is nearly ready to sand.

Yesterday, I had a hard time with my food. I didn't eat enough earlier in the day, and then found myself trying to squeeze my meals in tight during the evening. I didn't feel all that well from doing that. I also doubt that that helped my number on the scale this morning. I didn't gain weight, but I wonder what the scale would have said if I didn't have so much food hanging around overnight. Today, I am going to try and get more of my meals in earlier, and then just lightly snack later in the day. It is very hard to do, since my husband eats his meals later in the day also. That leaves me sitting there while he is eating, and I'm not great at ignoring that. It is easier to just do something else while he eats. There is a lot of work to do around here though! I'm sure that I can work it out.

In the meantime, I'm going to soak up some rays and work on getting less grumpy.

0 comments: