Current Happenings

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Meal Plan (Nov. 11) + Summaries

Yesterday
I did a pretty good job yesterday! Since I wanted to spend more time with my family, I didn't go to the gym last night. Instead, I rode my recumbent bike while watching tv with DH. I got in 30 minutes of exercise, and it went by really fast. I could have done more, but I didn't want to do anything strenuous. I wanted to leave that for tonight, when I got to the gym.

One goofy thing that I did notice yesterday was that I had been forgetting to change the date on the top of my meal plans! *laughs* Well, each day was different, but they look as though there are all for the same day. That is kind of funny. I did notice it and fix it last night though.

The Week
When I started last week, I was a little frustrated with my weight. I just didn't feel like I was on good, solid ground. I had crept up to 213 lbs. because I had been choosing the wrong foods. I was still exercising wonderfully, but my diet was off. So, I thought that I would sit down and write down a menu for each day, because I didn't want to wander the kitchen every few hours, looking for something to eat while I was hungry. That always spells disaster, and I had started to graze on too many convenient snack foods.

Upon completing my day, yesterday, I reached a whole week "on plan". I ate well and exercised. I started out at 213 lbs. and the scale read 208.5 today. I don't actually remember when I last saw this number. This puts me below my first goal weight, which was 209. That was how much I weighed before I became pregnant with Ezzie, and then my eating went nuts. So, I have managed to lose 4.5 lbs. this past week! Boy, that feels really good.

Looking Forward
I've joined on with Mel in her endeavor to lose 10 lbs. by New Years. I think that when the ball drops and my husband plants a big ole kiss on me, I would much rather be full of thoughts about how wonderful I feel at that moment... and not how much weight I am resolved to lost in 2009. Do ya get me? Sure, I'll still be losing weight in 2009, but the real point is that I want a sense of accomplishment at the beginning of the year, not a sense of having messed up '08 and needing to "fix me" in '09. I'm all about finishing strong this year.

Now, getting the weight off is going to be interesting. I've been eating a 1,200 calorie diet for the past week. I don't know if that is what is optimal for my body right now. Maybe it is. I just don't know. So, I went poking around to find out what I 'probably' should be eating. Factoring in the 10 lbs. that I want to lose by the end of the year, it looks as though eating 1,523 calories each day will get me there. What I don't know is if I can eat that my healthy food in a day. Doesn't that sound funny? *laughs* It is real easy to eat that amount of food when I splurge on snack foods. However, the more I eat them, the more dependent I on them.

I am thinking that in finding me a happy medium, I will start eating 1,300 or so calories each day. That should be a nice amount of food. If I have any problems with that level of eating, I can always revise it.

Here is my food plan for the day:

0 comments: