Current Happenings

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Squishy Squashed

Oh goodness, I feel like I've been sat on by an elephant. Ugh.

I somehow put my back out the night before last. Then, after taking some Motrin, I went to the gym and exercised. I ran for a mile for the first time in... I can't remember how long. I jogged my mile in 13:15. While I know that it isn't spectacular, I felt pretty good about even being able to do that. I'm not *supposed* to run because of my bad knee. However, I enjoy doing it. What I don't enjoy is all of my floppy parts flopping around.

As I've been doing lately, I exercised very well... and then proceeded to eat everything in the house. *sigh* I am so disappointed. It's not that my weight is so out of control, but that my eating is so out of control. I feel as though I constantly need to be eating something, and it bothers me. I think that what is causing me such big trouble is my lack of prepared meals for myself. I have all sorts of "snack" foods around the house, and it is too convenient to grab something instead of cooking GOOD food for myself.

I am feeling pretty resolved to fix some of that today. Our freezer is freshly stocked with lean meats, and the house is overflowing with vegetables. This afternoon, I'm going to cook up a large meal and divide it into individual portions for me, and put those in the freezer.

In the meantime, I am taking it slow today. My back and neck still hurt, and I am muscle-sore now. So, I might do some gentle stretches today and stop there. I want to try jogging again tomorrow, if I feel able to move freely. For right now, I'm just working on eating good foods and drinking lots of water. All in all, I feel that I need a better game plan. I'm not as organized and excited as I was 7 months ago. I'm still much lighter than when I started out, but I won't stay lighter if I can't figure out how to fix these glitches in my WILL.

0 comments: