Current Happenings

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday Ramblings

Today has been a rather slow day, more than likely because of the inclement weather. It is late fall, so I don't expect anything different. I am just glad that it is raining, and not snowing. That does lead me to start praying that everyone is safe out on the roads, and that the morning commute won't be all over the news because of ice and traffic accidents. Welcome to Michigan in the winter. I don't think that we get any worse weather than anyone else, but it is certainly a changeable and unpredictable thing.

My eating has suffered today. I just haven't felt all that well, though I don't know if it is because I haven't eaten much, or if I'm not eating because I don't feel well. It's a chicken and egg kind of thing. I was hungry this morning, but my stomach felt a little 'off'. Being the kind and benevolent husband that he is, DH stopped at McDonald's for me. I got a wee low-fat vanilla cone, a huge treat in my book. For 150 calories, I was happy, happy, happy. The only problem is that I didn't have anything else to eat because we were out and about for the afternoon.

I had gone to Lane Bryant yesterday and bought some things. I was really impressed with a couple of tops, but DH didn't really care for them. As he said, the only thing that matters is how I feel about them. However, I'd much rather save the money and buy something that I know he likes, because that makes me like it even better. *laughs* So, I took back what I wasn't happy with, and used the money to buy Christmas gifts for DH. I'd tell you what they are, but there is that minute chance that he could stumble upon my blog and read about it. I'll tell you after Christmas!

Even though we are home now, I just don't feel up to eating anything. That makes two days in a row where eating has seemed like a chore, and not something enjoyable. I am still getting my calories in, but I'm just barely hitting my 1,200 mark for the day. I really hate forcing myself to eat when I don't feel like it. Today shouldn't be too bad, I guess. I'm going to make myself a taco salad for dinner. DH and Pumpkin will have regular tacos, and I'm skipping the shells. I've got to eat my lettuce anyway, so it doesn't go bad. I've already got to throw away my cucumber and green pepper, because I didn't eat it fast enough.

I know that lots of people get tired of turkey leftovers after Thanksgiving, but I am enjoying having the roasted meat at the ready. We generally eat a lot of chicken anyway, and turkey is so similar. I've eaten turkey sandwiches so far, and tonight I'll separate the meat into portions for the freezer. I'm going to use them in skillet meals (like 'Hamburger Helper'), which will help to make those kind of meals a little healthier. There is just no getting past the fact that both DH and I were raised on the stuff, and we like it. I'm going to teach my daughter how to cook a lot of different dishes also, so she can eat the skillet meals because she likes it, and not because she can't cook meals from scratch. *laughs* (I really am quite handy in the kitchen.)

I weighed in at 207 lbs. this morning, though the scale was flirting with 206.5 a little bit. Maybe I will see that number again tomorrow. I'm not in a big hurry, but I wouldn't complain either. Anyway, that means that I am only up by 1 lb. from my low weight that I took before the holiday. Since my body is funny about this sort of thing, I might actually see better movement on the scale now that I've bounced up a little bit. I find that when I start to stall out a bit, I can get a decent showing on the scale by increasing my caloric intake for one day, and then going back to my standard calorie count.

Well, I guess it is time to get off of the computer. Dinner still has to be made, and I'm the gal for the job.

0 comments: