Current Happenings

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Eating at Night

I eat at night. I also don't sleep well on most nights, so it is important for me to *not* stop eating at 7 p.m. or so. I have tried very hard to change my eating habits and do all of my eating earlier in the day, but all that does is leave me starving at midnight. Sure, most folks should be sleeping at midnight, but that doesn't mean that I am.

I do try to eat light things the closer I get to bed. My main objective is to eat light foods, but not go to bed hungry. If I am hungry when I climb between the sheets, I won't sleep at all. I've had that problem for the last two nights, and I found myself in the kitchen at 2 a.m. , looking for something to eat. I did alright, settling on 1/2 - 1 T. of peanut butter and a little water. It was enough to chase away the gnawing feeling in my gut, and then I was able to fall asleep. I just find it so difficult to know how much food I should eat during the evening, and how much will leave me feeling gross when I head to bed.

0 comments: