Current Happenings

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Good Morning!

I felt pretty hungry this morning, so I thought that I would try something new. I wanted to make breakfast sandwiches for Pumpkin and myself. Here is what I had:


  • 1 leftover dinner roll
  • 1 whole egg, 1 egg white
  • 1 slice of American cheese
  • 18 grams of ham

Between eating my sandwich and nursing a large cup of water for an hour, I feel stuffed. It was only 260 calories, but I feel like I ate a big dinner or something. *waddle, waddle, waddle* My idea of a substantial meal has certainly been changing over this past half-year.

I'm not complaining about my full, bloated feeling. I ate enough, and my body told me so. This feels good to me, just because it helps me feel more secure in that I'm reaching a point where I am more able to gauge my portions without measuring cups and scales. That's not to say that I'm beyond them, but that I may be able to trust myself a little more when these things aren't available. I won't have to worry so much that I'll eat 3 cups of pasta when out to eat, because I am able to trust that I'll get the "I'm full" message. For a long while, I thought that my gauge was broken. *laughs* Now, I'm starting to interpret my body's signals better.

0 comments: