Current Happenings

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Great Googly-Moogly!

When I stepped on the scale this morning, I was surprised that it had barely budged. It left me wondering, "Did I really eat so much more yesterday?" Normally, if I eat a bunch of junk, I bloat really bad. That's probably because I crave sweets like a crazy thing. Still, I was mightily confused, but certainly not upset.

I had every intention of eating a beautifully balanced meal plan today. My body, however, had very different plans. I have been nauseated and funky all day, but there has been too much work to do. I couldn't just hide in bed. Still, my stomach wanted to revolt every time that I hefted a laundry basket or bent over. Ick. Though I had the best of intentions, to the best of my calculations, I am coming in for a daily total of about 850 calories.

Though I tried really hard to eat enough, it just wasn't happening. DH tried to take my oatmeal away and give it to the dog, because he felt bad watching me try to get it down. I ended up cutting up some raw pear and adding it in, and that helped me eat it all. I felt really sick after that though. That is one thing that I hate about an upset tummy; I never know whether to feed it or not. Of course, that's probably why I gain so much weight when pregnant. That's 3-4 months of nausea for me. Anyway, I ate all of my veggies at dinner, part of my bread, and about half of my chicken. What I couldn't wrap up for tomorrow was fed to the dog.

Tomorrow is another day, and I hope that I'll feel brand new by then. I hate losing weight because I've felt sick. It kind of feels like cheating! I guess there is just a part of me that wants to feel like I've earned every pound that I lose.

0 comments: