Current Happenings

Friday, December 26, 2008

On the Second Day of Christmas....

Oh boy, did I take the cake yesterday! Ok, I not only took the cake (it was lemon), but I also had a glass of wine with it too! *laughs* I think that is the first glass of wine that I've ever actually finished, let alone enjoyed. Apparently I like a dry red wine. I never knew.

I snacked a lot yesterday, but mainly because our Christmas plans were rather in shambles. Papa has been in the hospital, so I spent Christmas Eve there. I ate a serving of Twizzlers, a hand-full of pistachios, and half of a chicken ranch sandwich from Dominos. Considering the stress factor of spending a number of hours at the hospital and then going to church for midnight worship, I think that I got off pretty well. Then, there was bean dip, cookies, and fudge while waiting to find out whether there would be an actual dinner on Christmas day. I didn't eat a huge amount, but I did have a couple pieces of fudge. Wow, that stuff is yummy but kicks the crap out of me. I love it, and it hates me. I just can't have the sugar, even though I want the peanut butter fudge.

We never did have a meal at my in-laws, though they eventually were able to get everything worked out. It was time to go to my sister's hosue by then, and she had dinner there. I didn't over-eat at dinner, but they were foods that I don't tend to eat. I had ham, which is rare for me. It's just such a calorically dense meat, and usually pumped full of salt. I loved the broccoli casserole though, and didn't feel bad about eating it. I haven't had any of that in a LONG time. I made a point to eat some salad, and I drank water with my meal. I think that I ate about 3 cookies, one piece of fudge, and that cake with wine. All in all, I certainly ate more than my body needed. Now I'm paying for it!

I didn't get to sleep until around 2 a.m., which makes for about three solid days of bad sleep and an ever-present headache. Even my teeth were hurting today. My stomach was upset last night, and continued to be upset today. It's just a lingering feeling of ick. I've been very easy on it though, drinking a half cup fo coffee, which generally settles my stomach. It didn't work, so I moved on to drinking plenty of water. I've also kept my calories a little low today, and am steering clear of anything with sugar in it. I want to get back to my normal dietary habits as quickly as possible.

Though I didn't want to do it, I did step on the scale today. It wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. After a few days of getting better rest and eating healthful foods, I should be feeling more like myself. I'm already feeling a little less bloated, though I can tell that my system is still freaking out. I've felt like my blood sugar was 'off' a bit today, but hopefully that feeling won't last long. I just need to keep eating healthy snacks every so often, and be sure not to go too long between them. I've got three pounds to flush from my body, thanks to my day of over-indulgence. Now I can get back to the business of doing what I do every day. It's actually a welcome and relaxing prospect.

0 comments: