Current Happenings

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Squishy the Insomniac

Not sleeping at night is pretty awful. I felt tired when I went to bed, and I took my time going through my nighttime routine in order to feel all slow and relaxed. For some reason though, my brain would not stop running. I gave up looking at the clock around 2:30 a.m. and just decided to bury my head and try not to be miserable.

At 2 o'clock, I gave in and headed to the kitchen. Let me say with all honesty, I'm not a middle-of-the-night eater. I'm not ashamed to eat, and even if I was, I could eat while my husband is at work. Nope. That's not me. However, I felt pretty darned guilty to be standing at the kitchen counter, eating cold turkey. I had stopped eating at 9:30 p.m., so that was 4.5 hours of laying awake to make me hungry. I thought that the protein would help ease the ache in my tummy, and maybe help me sleep. I washed it down with a little milk, and went back to bed. I felt good. For a gal who lives in do-I-feel-satisfied-land, that was a big difference.

I think that it took me another 1- 1.5 hours to fall asleep, but I must have. *chuckles* My three alarms went off this morning, and I pried my eyes open. At least I am up and functioning today. It's been a few days now since I've had some decent sleep, and it makes me feel so darned lazy! It makes me blush to even tell my husband or sister that we got started late with school because I couldn't drag myself out of bed until 11 a.m. . I'm trying very hard to make myself a strong habit of sleeping and waking at certain times, but I feel like the deck is certainly stacked against me. My husband may pout a little, but I'll take the tv out of our bedroom if he can't be nice to me and leave it off when I say that I need to go to sleep. We have a perfectly good living room, and it has a tv in it. Staying awake so long is doing terrible things to my self-perception. *laughs* I couldn't help but make fun of myself a little last night, eating by the glow of the fridge. What a cliche'!!

0 comments: