Current Happenings

Monday, December 8, 2008

That Weird Sort of Tight

I'm blogging from bed today, just to stave off the boredom. I can't stand much daytime tv, and I need to be quiet and rest after having spent the night awake and miserable with a wicked fever. There is something so very strange about feeling my face burning up, and yet be so blasted cold that all I could do is lay there and shake. *sigh*

After nursing a cup of water and a couple pretzels, I thought that my stomach might be calm enough that I could shower. That always makes me feel at least a little better. As I was getting into my wonderfully clean clothes, I realized that my favorite pants are getting tight. It is a weird sort of tight though.

It took me a few seconds of tugging on my pants and turning in front of the mirror, but I think that I know what is going on. I'm getting too small for my pants, which is why they are tight. I know that sounds backwards! *laughs* The waist only feels tight because it is sliding so far down on my hips, instead of sitting at my waist. The legs and bottom area is getting saggy, so the only thing holding them up is the slipping waistband.

It probably sounds a little strange, but I almost feel a twinge of disappointment. This is my favorite pair of jeans. It is so hard to find jeans that fit well for the way that I am shaped. Maybe it will be easier as more of the weight comes off, but I doubt it. I've always had a hard time shopping for jeans because of my wide hips and full bottom. Even at muscular 150 lbs. , I got some grumpy eyebrows when trying to find jeans. I guess that when the time comes that I need to donate this pair to the thrift store, I should just be happy to worry about finding jeans at all. The alternative is ugly stretch pants and awkward dresses. Been there, done that. No thanks.

0 comments: