Current Happenings

Monday, December 1, 2008

Update: December 1

Alrighty, I was able to get all of my food in! Of course, now I feel bloated and funky, but I'm hoping that 30 minutes of light pedaling on the exercise bike will help me feel better. I logged about 1,224 calories today, including a wee packaged sundae cup. Pumpkin and I had one apiece while we watched tv together this evening. Though I'm not usually a fan of those little cardboard-covered treats, it tasted kind of yummy tonight. Weird.

Tomorrow is my normal weigh-in day, and I'm looking forward to it. While I don't judge my success on what the number says, it sure is helpful to see how I am basically doing. I have a fitness log that I keep on my computer, and I've been keeping track of my weekly weigh-ins since I started on May 20th. Whenever I get to feeling a little disappointed and think that maybe I've stalled out, all I have to do is look at the numbers on my chart. I can see how many pounds I've lost, or at least track how long I've been stuck. Sometimes it seems like I'm on the same number forever, but then it isn't really the truth of the matter once I check the numbers. The longest I've ever actually been stuck on one weight has been two weeks.

There is something so freeing to know that I am now back down to my low weight, and Thanksgiving is behind me. While we do all get together and eat at Christmas, there isn't quite the focus on food as there is during Thanksgiving. Hopefully we can occupy ourselves with more conversation and games, and not quite so much pie. (Are you listening, Squishy? Not quite so much pie. You are what you eat, and you don't want to be a pie!)

1 comments:

Charlie Hills said...

While the focus is more on food over Thanksgiving, for me I always just end up eating more that last week of the year. I don't know what it is.

Okay, I know what it is. It's the cookies and the Chex Mix. I have neither of those at Thanksgiving.