Current Happenings

Friday, December 19, 2008

Well, you don't say.

I'm down 2.5 lbs. today, after one day of clean eating and properly fluid intake. It's astounding. It never ceases to amaze me how much I can bloat like a giggly water balloon when I don't eat well. Now I'm only 1/2 lb. up from my low, and that isn't terribly hard to rectify. I'm sure that I can burn far more than that by trying to clear the back walk enough that the dog can easily do his business. It was funny watching him hop through the snow that was up past his belly. We were told to expect 10"+ this morning, and it looks as though it has arrived (and continues).

My neighbor was a wonderful, wonderful man. He walked his snow-blower by and cleared the sidewalks for me. That is a lot of work that I don't have to do, but I will go out and try to keep it clear as the snow continues to come down. I also need to shovel out a parking space for my husband, since I don't think the plows will be coming down our street. So much snow has fallen since he left for work, I wouldn't want the car to get stuck over the night. It's all good exercise, as far as I'm concerned. I like to exercise without feeling that that is what I'm really doing.

I ate 1,276 calories yesterday, which included a nice steak with mashed potatoes and yellow squash. It was quite yummy. I just bought one steak and split it with DH, and it was more than enough. Now I need to sit down and figure out what I'm going to eat for today. I think that a ham and cheese omelet sounds great for breakfast. I had better get to it before it's lunch time. *lol*

0 comments: