Current Happenings

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ah, the Weekend

Though I normally like to sleep in on Saturday mornings, I couldn't fall back asleep after my husband got a phone call this morning. So, it seemed like a good time to get up and get the day started. I was hungrier this morning than I've been in a while. Last night, I exercised a little bit with DH's "perfect pull-up". Since I am not used to using the pullup bar, I took it kind of easy. There is certainly something different about using machines and pushing around 40 lbs. or so compared to using one's own body weight.

If there is anything great about the pullup bar, it is that it makes DH feel strong. *laughs* He is too cute. When I lift weights with him, he doesn't seem to like it that I can put up the same amount of weight as he can. However, the different types of exercises with the bar depend on me being able to control my core stabilizing muscles in addition to keeping good form while pulling my own body weight. I can see where this is a really good thing, but it is a lot harder for me to do.

Since I used the bar yesterday, I'm going to rest today and give it another go tomorrow. I'll work harder at it, at least as hard as feels safe. I don't want to injure myself, which I seem apt to do if I don't pay close attention to my body's signals. Instead of lifting weights today, I think that I am going to put my running shoes on and go for a long walk. I know that it doesn't burn a lot of calories, but I don't exercise to burn calories anyway. It will be nice to be out in the air and sunshine, moving.

For lunch, we are going to go to the Mongolian BBQ. We got a gift card at Christmas time, which we were very happy about. I really enjoy eating at Mongolian BBQ! I like picking my own foods, though I need to still look a little closer at the cooking oils. One of the grill guys said that he could steam my food, but that it might be more inclined to stick. I'm going to choose just a little chicken, and then pile on the veggies. The best part though is that I like to eat with chopstick! *laughs* I skip the bread and rice, so I think that I do pretty well. I can use a little higher calorie day today, so this is a good day for going out.

This weekend, I think that I am going to try and shoot for around 1,800 calories each day. I'm not sure how well that will work out, but I'm going to try. I planned on having oatmeal yesterday, but had so little desire to eat that I just grabbed a high calorie portion of peanuts. I got all of my food in, but just barely. Sure, I could easily stuff some food into my mouth to get my count up, but I don't want to eat junk food.

0 comments: