Current Happenings

Friday, January 23, 2009

Great Aching Arse!

Wow. Just wow.

I think that my butt might fall off. If it does, there won't be anything to hold my wooden legs on. I'll be a stub from the waist down, I'm afraid.

I am so glad that I am done with my workout today! I started by stretching real well, though I'm not sure that I could feel any difference in pain or movement afterward. The squats were easier than I thought they were going to be, but that just means that I didn't fall on the floor and cry like a baby. My bad knee held up, and I just worked through the burn.

The standing rows weren't too bad, though I could shake myself for not taking off my rings. I'm not light, so holding all of that weight at my hands is hard enough without adding rings to the equation. I made it through though, and I didn't struggle too bad until I got to the last two. By that point, my tired muscles were getting grumpy.

For all of the moaning and groaning, at least I can say that having tight muscles looks nice. I put on some "skinny jeans" this morning, and my horrifically aching arse just looked smackable. I shucked them in exchange for a pair of DH's lounge pants to exercise in, but I'll put my jeans back on before he gets home. If the scale doesn't want to show me love, at least I know that he will! *cracks up*

I'm going to push it through Sunday, and then rest on Monday. Since my weigh-in is Tuesday morning, maybe that will encourage the scale to move. If not, I'm just toast with the numbers. Oh, how the numbers hate me lately. I am kind to me though, and just keep repeating, "You sexy woman you, it's just those nice sleek muscles that you're working. It'll all start showing on the scale eventually." Of course, then that little devil on my shoulder pokes me in the brain with a pitchfork and giggles, saying, "Bullshite!" We'll see.

Well, seeing as my dear daughter has finished her math, I think that I will give her the tv remote and retire myself to the bath for a half hour. A motrin and a tub of steaming hot water should make me feel as right as rain.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Great work! Glad you are feeling the hot sexy woman that you are in your skinny jeans! Keep kicking butt and hope the scales are dropping this week for you!

Graciela said...

In some ways, there's nothing better than sore muscles. The pain reminds you of how hard you are working. Good job...

Jericho said...

*dons pig nose*

If it makes you feel better, I think some of us would love to see pictures of your smackable tushy! ;)

Keep up the good work - forget the scale!

Marisa (Trim The Fat) said...

You go, skinny jeans wearing mama!
Those achy butt workouts will pay off even if the scale isn't your friend this week! You're doing great!