Current Happenings

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I want to be overweight.

Doesn't that sound funny? I am so close though. The holiday eating is done, and I am at the threshold of a new (lighter) level of fluffiness. I just hate the dreaded "O" word. All of the other chunky monkeys out there know what word I'm referring to. Bleck.

I'd love to bury this beast for good. I'm tired of bouncing around with the scale, feeling good sometimes and awful all the rest of the time. I will be happier when I find a weight that I am happy at, and I can just stay there. Don't get me wrong, I love having an excuse to buy new clothes. I just don't like having to buy new ugly clothes because nothing else will fit.

I'm still working on what my real goals are. While I don't like caging myself in at a number, I'm also real enough to admit that I might have a hard time maintaining a weight loss if I don't have a solid number that I want to stick with. Unfortunately, the difficult thing is that it's been so long since I've been thinner that I don't remember how good I felt at various weights. Should I shoot for 150? I don't know. That was a good weight for me some of the time. I felt great at 160 also, but I was so heavy with muscle that my dad actually started complaining about my appearance.

I think that the determining factor in my end weight is going to be nutrition. When I was younger, I didn't know anything about how to eat, so I exercised like mad and couldn't figure out why I still had some problems with my hip and abdomen area. Now that I know how to eat, maybe my exercises will be more effective and show more easily. So, I guess this will be a bit of a new learning curve for me, trying to figure out where I should be after spending so much time overly-squishy.

For the meantime, I will be so happy to just be overweight. I could be 161 and be overweight, even though that suits my larger frame and height pretty well. So, I'm not so embarrassed by the label.

3 comments:

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Oh man, do I hear you...

When I started this journey I was 208lbs. On 5'2", that's a little... round. Okay, I was FAT, with a capital HOLY CRAP. But when you join WW they want you to set a goal weight.

Well, I've never been below 180 in my adult life, so I had NO idea what to set. So I looked at my BMI and set it near the top of what I'm "supposed to be". I set it for 135.

Fast forward two years... I'm at 145 and holding, and have grown so complacent with it that I changed it to my "goal weight".

Yeah, except that technically I'm still "overweight" and it bugs me.

So here I go, for another round of butt kicking (in twos... Sun Run and Biggest Loser Blog Edition).

Jericho said...

Just a minute ago, I dropped water on my shirt. If my huge belly wasn't there to catch everything I drop, I don't think I'd miss it.

Yeah, I'm SO over my belly! :)

Squishy ! said...

I don't think that I would mind being on the heavier end of my "normal" weight, not really. It would sure beat being 100 lbs. overweight, you know?

Hey Jericho! Welcome to the club! lol I've been wearing my food on my tops my whole life. :o )