Current Happenings

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Judging By Jeans

There are some days when I realize that I am a big whiner. For instance, I stepped on the scale today, and it didn't move. It still kept showing me that same weight that I've been looking at for three days now. I became frustrated. I became sad. I became angry.

Then I shook of my scale-mania and because a lucid and logically functioning human being again.

I don't have to lose weight like I'm on "The Biggest Loser" to be successful. I am already successful. I have lost lots of weight and am still moving downward, albeit slowly. I know that I can have treats and foods that I enjoy without packing on the pounds. These things are all victories, no matter how slowly the scale moves.

Regardless of what the scale says, my body is still changing as time goes by. The number of pounds lost lately may be rather small, but I am fitting into my jeans better. I am one of those pear-shaped gals that carries the bulk of her weight low. I've got me some squishiness in my tummy, but it isn't too bad. My lower abdomen, hips, and thighs - those are my trouble spots. So, the fit of my jeans is really important to me. Goodness, that I can wear jeans at all is important! For a long time, I wore dresses and stretchy leggings.

I have this pair of jeans that have a drawstring at the waist, and I look forward to the time when I have to use it to keep my pants up. I don't think it will be much longer. Back in October, these were sausage jeans. Oh, you know, the kind that make you look like an overstuffed sausage? Now, they are wonderfully comfortable. They aren't as baggy as some of my big girl pants that I'm still wearing (lack of suitable clothing), which feels so nice. They are so much more attractive too! DH was saying just two days ago that he needed to buy me some tighter pants to show off my bottom, because my current pants are far from flattering. *chuckles* He has a point. They are bad. I can pull them all off without unbuttoning them.

Anyway, these more slender jeans aren't tight anymore, so things are moving. I can tell. I bought two pair of pants at Christmas time, and though they were quite snug, I can wear one of them comfortably now. The other pair are even smaller, and I can wear them if I want, but they aren't so comfortable. They are slimmer through the hip, look super-sexy, but squeeze me a little tight.

Well, all that to say that my pants are becoming a better indicator of change than my scale, at least for right now. I'm sure that my numbers will improve. It's just driving me insane to be just barely inside the 200's when I want to be in the 100's so bad. That is why I'm chomping at the bit and being all weird. Being in the 100's seems so much closer to my goal, even though it's only a 3 lb. difference from where I'm at. It's just that "1" that I long for.

6 comments:

Me, Only Better said...

I think for me clothes are the biggest indicator that I am losing weight - the pants that don't feel quite as tight, or the top that feels a little looser across the chest!

I am struggling with the weighing myself everyday phenomena as well, it is discouraging when you don't see movement!

Kiki said...

I used to weigh myself everyday and I have to say, I like it. But to do so you have to be in the frame of mind not to let a raise in numbers pull you down. You sound like you've got it all together! You're right, things are happening to your body even if you don't see a huge number drop.

Have you ever seen pictures of people who have done the Body for Life program? Some of them only lose 15-25lbs but OH THE DIFFERENCE. There bodies are completely transformed! Very Motivational!

Just wanted to drop by and say...GO, TEAM ANGIE!! You'll be seeing me again! Have a great day!

The Incredible Shrinking Family said...

Sometimes I think there is an evil dwarf living in my scale who wants to make me insane with the slow movement or lack of movement. I stick my tounge out at him and show him how my clothes are fitting better, how I have more energy and how some health issues have dissapeared since I started. And then , if I listen carefully enough, I believe I can hear him crying in defeat.It's a war here, and I am going to beat him no matter how long it takes.

Go Team Angie !

Losing Myself said...

I heard it called NSV...non scale victories. Fitting into smaller jeans is just one NSV. And I love them. Thanks for stopping by my blog. GO TEAM ANGIE!!!

Tracy said...

Just wanted to say hi from another Team Angie member. I really enjoyed reading your last few posts and I'll definitely be back. Sounds like what you are doing is working, even if the scale is not telling you nice things right now. Good luck and looking forward to our challenge!

Linda said...

Love when i feel changes in my clothes. Its such a motivator and just puts a bounce in my step!

Keep up the great work! We're going to give team Lynn a run for their money!

I'm making the rounds and say hi!
Woot! GO TEAM ANGIE!!!

Linda
http://operationsticktoit.blogspot.com/