Current Happenings

Monday, January 5, 2009

Ooo... Hungry Monster!

Wow, I don't know what is up with me today, but I am hungry! As soon as I woke up this morning, I felt like I could eat a horse! I've taken it easy with the food today, eating what I normally tend to eat, but I think that I'm going to end up raising the number of calories that I was planning to have.

Typically, I shoot for 1,200 calories per day. That is on the bottom end of the scale, but when I eat lots of vegetables and solid meals, it is hard to eat much more than that. Of course, on the other hand, it's real easy to eat twice that many calories by eating half as much food, when I choose junk instead of quality.

I'm going to bump things up and try and shoot for between 1,500 - 1,600 calories for the day. That is easily within the range that I need to be within in order to lose weight, so it's all good. I think that I'm going to add more fat into my plan this evening, to help chase off this hungry monster. Hopefully that will help. I'm also going to drink more water, though I'm sure that it's not dehydration that is confused with hunger.

Since it's not dinner time yet, I'll finish my cup of yogurt and then grab some gum. I'm sure that Pumpkin would like to join me on a walk, which will get me away from the kitchen!

2 comments:

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Are you PMSing?? I feel starving all the time during that dratted week.

As for the hungry monster... have you seen the new WW commercial, with the hungry monster?? I totally want one!! Basically so I can throw it around and punch it... lol.

Squishy ! said...

No, it's not PMS. I don't really know what it was, to be honest.

I did see the hungry monster! I thought it was hilarious! :o )