Current Happenings

Monday, January 12, 2009

Recap

Today has been a pretty good day. While Pumpkin was doing her free reading, I hopped on my XL Glider and walked myself a couple of miles. I went right into taking on the stairs, and boy that was hard! My legs were already tired, but I made it through the stairs. I think that I will have to take it a little easier with that for my other days of stairs, since my knee started to bug me. I'll just give myself a little rest period before tackling the stairs next time.

I broke up my standing rows today, doing them in two sets of ten, spaced out with a large rest period. Next week, I will do all of my rows during one session. The angle and weight was new for me, and I didn't want to accidentally hurt myself during my first day of rows.

Food has been good today. I was a little disappointed that dinner was so beige, but I needed to use up the leftovers that we had. I will try to get in more color into my diet tomorrow.

I went to the grocery store this evening, since the weather is turning bad for the next few days, and I don't want to go out in it. I have plenty of cabbage, yellow squash, cauliflower, and cucumbers now! Yum!

My weigh-in is tomorrow morning, so I'm hoping that things are going to turn out well for me. I haven't been making much of any change this week. I've been within my calorie allotment every day, and have been exercising almost daily. Hopefully things will start moving again after this week's "gift" has gone. Maybe this is good for me though, having to work hard at it, learning to be content with small changes. My lack of patience is certainly not a virtue, and it won't help me keep the weight off. One of these days, I'm going to have to get used to playing with the same 5-10 lbs. without getting frustrated and without losing focus and allowing myself to pack the pounds back on.

Alrighty, that's enough chatter about this stuff now. I need to finish my evening snack and spend more time with my lovies.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hi. Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow, sounds like you've had a good week overall.

Fatinah said...

sounds like you're having a great week - keep up the good work!