Current Happenings

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

That Crappy Weigh-In I Promised

My dearest A-Team, here is the crappy weigh-in that I promised you. I'm having to log a gain of 1.5 lbs. this week. While I know that it's not fat, I feel bad that I am not contributing to the overall percentage of our team. The number would probably have been much better had I taken a rest day yesterday, instead of busting my arse at the gym. I admit it though- I'm a mite selfish. I wanted the hard work more than I wanted the lower number on the scale this morning.

I am wondering how long it will take for me to start seeing the scale move downward again. I know that I've got this fat and muscle teetering on a scale, and the muscle is going to win out. I just hate feeling like a hamster on a wheel, running real fast and not getting anywhere. I know that I am accomplishing good things, but they aren't very easy for me to see. I see me every day, so changes aren't as apparent. The only thing that I can readily see is that my biceps and shoulders are starting to look real tight. I've still got that pesky "flag" that wants to wave, but there is obviously a muscle in there. I'm starting to see a hint of definition between my shoulder and my bicep, and it gives me hope. *laughs*

Anyway, it's a bummer to work out so hard and not get "Biggest Loser" results. I fear that it may be my utter aversion to running until I puke. I did feel a mite nauseated while riding the bike last night though. I imagined that Jillian was next to me, snapping at me to get my ass moving faster. *laughs* After the bike, I went through my lifting. Between the hard workout on the bike and the intense weight-lifting, I felt really strange when I got on the treadmill. I was jogging at 5 mph, which is hard for me to do for any length of time. Only, I started to realize that it wasn't bothering me. I felt like I could just keep going forever. I probably would have stayed on for longer than a mile, but my bladder convinced me that it was time to get off the machine. That was really interesting though. I didn't feel as heavy on my feet as I normally do. My breathing was good and not labored. I thought that I would surely be utterly exhausted and dragging my feet on the treadmill. That was a pleasant surprise, enjoying a short jog.

4 comments:

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Hey, I'm a member of the A-Team, and I have to tell ya... I couldn't be prouder to have you beside me!!

You GET what this is about. It's NOT about losing weight, it's about getting healthy. Bob and Jillian would support you a bizmillion percent right now, and you know it.

You are right, you are on that cusp of fat & muscle. The scale will reflect it eventually, but if it doesn't, know this... you will be bringin INCHES LOST to our team, if it's not weight lost.

And I would MUCH rather have you bring that. And I'm sure I'm not alone in supporting you in this.

Squishy ! said...

I could kiss ya, Dee. MUAH!

Sue said...

I'm with you Dee! I am so proud of you Squishy! I am proud that you are working so hard to get fit. Who cares what the scale says, especially since you are doing just what you should be! Keep up the great work!

The Incredible Shrinking Family said...

Hang in there ! it is not about a number, but about getting healthy and fit . You are doing terrific, no mater what the stupid scale says. BTW, it seems to keep moving upward for me as well, for no apparent reason beyond the fact that I am 50, going through menopause and working hard to become a cranky old lady . I blame it on scale elves who seem to have taken a detour on their way to the magic kingdom. Eventually things will move in the right direction !