Current Happenings

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Those Small Meals

I've gotten pretty used to eating many small meals throughout the day. I know that it doesn't work for a lot of people, but I seem to feel the best when I am eating about 6 times per day. Because I'm eating so often, I have eat much smaller meals.

This weekend, my schedule has been interrupted a bit by having my husband with me. Because of his work schedule, he generally eats larger meals that are spaced farther apart (at least until the nighttime). That just leaves me trying to make peace between our two bodies, which haven't seemed to be hungry at the same time!

Right now, I'm sitting around and sipping coffee, feeling like an overstuffed sausage! Quite frankly, I didn't eat that much. I had what many people would consider to be a moderate portion of food. Those small meals though, they must have been working to shrink the size of my stomach a bit. I feel FULL, even though I didn't technically overeat. I wonder if that means that for ME, I overate. Would a person define overeating by in caloric terms, or comfort? There are many people who eat way too much all of the time, and are perfectly comfortable with three cheeseburgers sharing residence in their gut. So, maybe it isn't such an easily defined idea.

Thankfully, I have plenty of time to digest my meal. Once it has a chance to settle a little, I'll go walk for a while on the glider. I don't want to do anything too strenuous, but a nice 30 minute walk will help to keep things moving. Pumpkin is on the glider right now, getting a spot of exercise. We've watched too much tv today, so I wanted her to move around a bit. She really enjoys that, probably because it makes her feel like a real big girl.

To kill time until my walk, I'm going to finish my cup of coffee and then take myself off to the bath. Boy, today is just feeling luxurious! I've stayed in my PJ's all day, took time to do peaceful stretches and sculpting exercises on my rug, and am now going to soak in a hot tub. I had better enjoy it today, because tomorrow is going to be tougher. I am thinking about hiking up and down the basement steps a few dozen times. I don't have a stairclimber, but I have stairs! I just need to get my laundry done first, or else I won't have the umph left to carry the laundry up and down the stairs! *laughs*

2 comments:

Losing Myself said...

Hubby also eats 3 big meals a day, and my doc says I need 6 small meals. So... I have my small amounts, and fix 3 for him. I just eat tiny amounts at those three, and still have my 3 'snack'. It is sort of hard, but I make it work. I need to get out of the recliner and go do some walking myself.

Kiki said...

Aaaahhhh, a bath sounds so good right now. I too do smaller meals, lately I've only been able to get 5 in.

Your goals for the week look great! What Jillian videos do you have? Which ones do you recommend?

Go TEAM ANGIE!