Current Happenings

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another Day Gone By

This week sure has gone by quickly! It's hard to believe that it's Thursday already. I've been working hard this week, and I think that it is beginning to show. I can feel a marked difference in how my body feels along my sides, and down over my hips and thighs. I've lost most of the padding around my ribcage, and it is greatly reduced down around my waist. The best part is that even though I haven't lost a ton of weight, I can see that my belly is smoothing out.

My bottom, hips, thighs, and calves are all feeling and looking pretty awesome right now. I think that it is the jogging that I've been doing. I'm sure that the 'rowing' on the erg sure hasn't hurt anything either. I've got to be careful to stretch real well today. I was sitting down and putting on my socks and shoes, and even while not engaging my muscles, my calves were tight and 'cut'. I could see the definition of my muscles, even though I was basically at rest. So, I want to take some time to rub my legs down real good and stretch my hamstrings.

I had wanted to do Jillian Michaels' "30 Day Shred" video today, but I don't know if that is a good idea or not. Maybe after some stretching, I'll know what I'm better able to do today. I may just use the erg for 20 minutes or so, and maybe do my new "Biggest Loser Yoga" DVD.

Last night was pretty hard. I got to bed at a good time, but then couldn't get to sleep. Instead, I tossed and turned until I'd just had enough, and I got up for a while. I was really hungry, which didn't surprise me much. I haven't been eating quite as much as I'm supposed to, though I'm trying to work it all out. So, I heated up some leftovers and picked at a tiny portion of chicken and noodles while I looked up running skirts online. After a couple of hours, my body felt better, and my brain was ready to sleep at long last.

When I stepped on the scale this morning, it was down another 1/2 lb. , which puts me at 198.5 . Hopefully I can knock off a little bit more over the next few days, in order to help our A-Team at the weekly WI!

Go A-Team!

1 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Congrats on the loss. Running skirts? I didnt even know they made those. Of course, Im not a runner so what would I know anyway! LOL