Current Happenings

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Gettin' It Together

Man, I need to pull things together! These past couple of days have been more than a little difficult for me. I haven't been eating awfully, but I haven't been as careful as I should be. I've been eating less frequently, and generally just a little bit of whatever I made for everyone else. Then, I ate ham last night after church. That's not really not bad, but there is more sodium in the ham than I really want to be eating (especially at night).

Things have been more than a little crazy since my sister and her son moved in. I'm sure that life will quiet down a little once they get their living space more organized. This week, I may end up exercising at the gym more often than I normally do, just because I need a place to focus on the work at hand. That is hard to do while worrying whether or not the 3 year old is spitting milk on the new couch, or whether he's hitting Pumpkin with the toys again.

I do have some of my exercise equipment in our school room/ office. I could use the erg in there, except that my shoulder is still bothering me. In a couple of days though, I should be better able to do my exercise videos again.

In the meantime, whatever difficulties I'm having with the exercise, I need to refocus my attention on eating a cleaner diet regardless of the chaos.

2 comments:

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Controlling your nutrition will help you to feel control in other areas of your life, too.

Having people invade your space is never easy, no matter how welcome they are.

Losing Myself said...

Nothing is as difficult and stressful as having another woman move in. Concentrate on your eating right now. You can pick back up on the exercise once you get settled into a 'rhythm' with the extras living there. Stay strong and don't let the stress derail you.