Current Happenings

Monday, February 2, 2009

Good Monday To You

*raises a cup of coffee* Cheers. I'd add an exclamation point, but it denotes a level of excitement and energy that I just don't have. I'm tired today.

I started the day off in the usual way, by stepping on the scale to find out how my body is doing. I've decided to start using my big scale, like the ones that have been so popular in doctor's offices. My husband brought me one, since one of the doctors was updating their office with digital scales, and was throwing this one out. Hey, their increase in technology is fine by me. *grins* I'm not terribly fond of my digital scale because it is so touchy about my weight being balanced just right. The older scale isn't so goofy about if I have more weight on the ball or heel of my foot. All of that, just to say that the scale wasn't mean to me today. I'm still hanging out right on the cusp of the 100's. My scale looked like it was saying 200.25 lbs. , if my eyes could read those tiny dashes right.

Ugh, I am sore. The rowing last night took the last bit of my 'umph' that I had left. I was really dragging tail as I pulled myself off the machine. When I woke up this morning, I could feel the soreness through my shoulders and chest. You just don't hear girls walking around saying that their pecs hurt though. *chuckles* I'm not in any real pain, but am dealing with fatigue and minor soreness. Because of that, I'm going to take a rest day today. Normally I would rest on Sunday, but I felt compelled to burn a few more calories because of the chicken nuggets. I'm not funny about burning off what I eat as a norm, but it just felt important. I guess I bought my lack of guilt with an extra session on the erg. I don't feel bad about having eaten what I did, because I wasn't out of control and worked hard to use it as real fuel.

I have a different game plan for today. I am going to relax and putz around with the household chores that need to get done. I need to wash my gym clothes, and might even take a short nap while the washer is running. I stayed up WAY too late last night. After 'rowing', DH and I watched a short science show on tv, because it was just too interesting to ignore. It is so pretty outside though, maybe a walk in the sunshine and brisk air will help more than a nap. We'll see. Pumpkin needs a break after she finishes math anyway.

Food is being dialed back today, since I'm not exercising as hard as I have been. I'm going to knock it back down to 1,500 calories for the day. I still need to plan out what I'm having for dinner tonight. I'm moving so darned slow today. I want to just say chicken, because we eat chicken a lot. DH grew up mainly in his grandparents' household, and they ate chicken every day because his papa has had 4 strokes and was on a restricted diet. Now, we just eat chicken because we like it and it is habit. *laughs*

My WI for the BLBE2 challenge is tomorrow. Hopefully I will have a nice, good number. I'm already down from last week, but I'd like to nudge the number down a little bit further if possible. I'm going to stay away from proccessed foods as much as I can, to try and curb my salt intake. Maybe that will help. :o )

1 comments:

♥ Dee ♥ said...

It will help, for sure!