Current Happenings

Monday, February 9, 2009

Good Morning, I think. *yawns*

Good Morning, my bloggie friends. *waves* I hope that everyone out there in the blogosphere is having a wonderful morning, particularly those in my general area who are experiencing a virtual heat wave. *laughs*

It was darned hard to get to sleep last night. At one point, I had to tell DH that he needed to stop pestering me and let me sleep, because I was so hungry that I would cave and head to the kitchen if I wasn't able to fall asleep right away. After eating a higher level of calories this past week, dialing down the calories is a little difficult. I think that that might be why getting started with a controlled diet is generally the hardest part (in my opinion). I wouldn't have been so uncomfortable, but I had to take the hit for eating that gyro earlier in the day. If I want something, I had better be prepared to pay the cost for it. For me, that was a vegetarian dinner and limited snacks in the evening. It was all that bad, but I stayed up too late last night. Dinner was a plate full of roasted mushrooms and tomatoes. I seasoned them both and then sprinkled a tablespoon of parmesan cheese over the tomatoes. For dessert, I had a bowl of strawberries. A cup of coffee and a crunchy granola bar was my little snack later in the evening.

I stepped on the scale this morning, though I don't know why I bothered. I feel awful and bloated today, and not wholly thankful to be a woman. My weight is still the same, but the body fat percentage has dropped by another point. Whatever. *shrugs* I feel too funky to care right now. I just want to grab a blanket and curl up in my big chair and veg out in front of the tv. There is too much that needs to be done today though. Since I don't do housework on the weekends, in an effort to spend as much time with my family as possible, I have a bunch of work to do today. I've organized the dishes that need to be loaded into the dishwasher, and have started to sort through the odd assortment of papers that found their way into the house. DH brought up a load of laundry for me to fold, and there more that have to go into the washer. I am so thankful for my "servants" (aka- the machines). Then, of course, there is getting Pumpkin through her homework. Boy, that girl hates subtraction. I'm glad that most of the work today is fractions and geometry. I get so tired of fussing at her to stop staring at the wall and actually get the problems done. She only ever does that with the subtraction.

I'm just moving slow today. If everything gets done, then that's great. If it doesn't, that's fine too. Life isn't going to end if I leave a pile of mail on the table to go through tomorrow. Since I don't feel all that well, we're going to just take it easy and pick off things at a comfortable pace. I think that we'll even make Valentine's cards today, while Daddy is at work.

2 comments:

The Incredible Shrinking Family said...

We had the ultimate distraction here this morning- a visit from the cable guy to upgrade our service. Try to motivate a kid to keep plugging through history while this is happening. I could not turn the visit into a learning experience as we are far past that time in education and ACT tests loom large. It makes for real teeth grinding moments.

Being a woman- where can we go to resign from this whole nonsense ???

Losing Myself said...

I need to be motivated to clean house the way you ladies do. I have dishes piled on the cabinet from.....well, lets not go there. I am a lousy housekeeper. I am so glad hubby doesn't complain