Current Happenings

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Great Ambition = Great Soreness

When I started my 5-day game plan, I had big plans for all of the exercise that I was going to get in, and all that jazz. Well, when I tried to get out of bed this morning, I realized that this was going to be harder than I had anticipated.

I didn't get my yoga in last night. That is partly bad planning, trying to get in sync with my sister. The other part was just a bit of fatigue after having used the erg for a half hour. Rowing on the erg isn't like pedaling on the bike for a few miles. So, I took a break to try and ease some of the tightness out of my shoulders, and never got to the yoga. I'm going to try and make up for that though. I'm going to try and toss it in with today's workout, and see if I can make it through.

On a more positive note, the scale was showing me love this morning. I'm down 1-1/2 lbs. since my weigh-in. I'm going to continue to work my bottom off, and hopefully I'll keep that loss or even improve the number. It's about time the weight started coming off just a tad more freely. I've been having to fight for every ounce for the past couple of months. I know that some of it is increased muscle mass. I can feel that all over my body. Maybe I've reached that threshold, where I'm now going to see the fat decrease at a better pace, while maintaining my muscle. I don't need to grow my muscle any bigger, but if I can maintain my strength and tone and let that kind of simmer on the back burner, it would be great to see the body fat start to melt off a tad more. I do specific muscle training when I've lost enough body fat that I can actually start seeing those muscles. It can be a little frustrating to know that I am strong, but to also know that most people only ever notice the jiggly parts. I forgive them though. Even I am distracted by my "bat wings". Man, I hope that those improve a lot.

Oh, and before I forget...


My exercise goal for February was to exercise 54% of the days for this month. Not only did I meet that goal, but I blew it away! This month, I performed good, hard sweat-inducing workouts 75% of February.

3 comments:

Marisa (Trim The Fat) said...

Yay! You go, girl!!

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Blew it away is a total understatement!!!

Kud said...

wow you totally rock in the exercise department!! and I'm soo happy to hear that you had a loss you deserve. It's about time you got the validation you deserved for the work I read that you put in each day!!
YOU GO GIRL!