Current Happenings

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Poor Donkey

Wow, I really worked my body hard yesterday! The best part is that I did it at home. *grins* I had every intention of exercising at the gym yesterday, but when I got up there, both parking lots were packed. So, with a heavy sigh, I just drove back home.

Since it was dinner time, I put some chicken on to cook, and I used the stair at our kitchen landing for some improvised step aerobics. *laughs* I have a small kitchen, so it was pretty easy to exercise and still keep an eye on the stove.

Having already done the Cardio Max DVD earlier in the day, my poor thighs and bottom were aching! But, I didn't feel like I had done enough, compared to what I would have done at the gym. So, while my husband and daughter were eating, I decided to jog. I felt fine while I was moving, but once I stopped- ouch!

It is the funniest thing, having my bottom hurt so much that it kept waking me up while I was sleeping last night. I'm still moving really slow today, thanks to all of those squats, lunges, and stairs! Hey, I tell ya... my butt better look quite wonderful come spring. *chuckles*

2 comments:

The Incredible Shrinking Family said...

Ah, step aerobics. I miss it.Because of a serious arthritic knee, I can no longer do them. I have to find other exercises to make mine hurt, and for some reason ab work seems to do that quite nicely.I often wonder though, if I have no visible butt, how can it hurt so bad from working my core ? Hopefully the answer is because I am actually developing a behind.

♥ Dee ♥ said...

*steps back and admires Squishy's posterior*

Lookin good, Squish!!