Current Happenings

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Running right out of my clothes...

I decided on jogging again today. Maybe I'll hop on the erg later and get some evening exercise in after dinner. I'm a little too tired to bother with it right now. I'm not used to jogging for 35 minutes straight, but at least I can move again! It gives me hope that I can tackle the running track at the park. *grins* I'm a slow runner, but I'm sure that I'll get faster over time.

Today, I practically ran right out of my clothes! I decided to wear my long tunic top, which basically looks like a dress these days. I just wanted something long so I could wear my footless tights. Oh, how these silly little things make me happy. Have I mentioned that I don't like shorts? I really can't stand them when I run, unless they are something like spandex bike shorts. Fabric shwooshing around drives me crazy, and that is the last thing that I want when I'm trying to flip that switch into autopilot. So, I really like my tights! They cover me pretty well and look funky. Anyone who knows me understands that I'm pretty down with the funk. *laughs* You did see the picture of my new tank top, right? The tie-dye one that I actually paid money for?

Anyway, I was jogging, and then I was jogging with my top around my elbows. Hey now. That's not very polite. It's a good thing that I wasn't out in public! Not that anyone could see anything (Thank you, obnoxiously orange sports bra!), but it would have still been embarrassing for me. Oh, but this is one of my most favorite tops. *sigh* Since I am reasonably talented with a needle, I'm going to try and take it in at the back seam. That should angle the shoulders a little, which will be helpful in keeping them up on my shoulders. I'm not really too concerned about how cute it is, so long as it covers my butt and stays on. lol

2 comments:

The Incredible Shrinking Family said...

One memorable moment on this journey- going to the lobby to accept a package from the UPS man in my grubby lose clothes and having my pants and baggy underwear fall off in front of him. I wanted to die , but then after my face came back to normal color, it dawned on me that it happened because I was getting to my goal.
Now how do they classify that ? Wardrobe Malfunction ??? ( and I ADORE funky tie dye clothes !)

Squishy ! said...

Yeah, I have to say that the baggy underwear are the worst! *laughs* They have a mind of their own.

I'm surprised that you're still here, after having that happen! I think that I would have just died of fit, rolling on the floor laughing myself silly after the delivery man left! lol