Current Happenings

Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl Exhausts Me

Chicken nuggets have been my downfall today! I tell you, there is just something about a little ball of chicken meat that is baked all crispy. Oh, how I enjoy the "boneless buffalo wings" with a little ranch. It seems completely crazy that I would pass up the pizza at the Superbowl party, yet eat the little chicken nuggets.

Today was not such a great food day for me. I did, however, try to offset as many calories as I could through exercise. I did a great job in keeping the number of calories in check before I ate those darned chicken nuggets. Since I knew approximately how many I ate, I felt pretty secure in working off that basic number of calories. That's not to say that the scale won't bite me in the morning though, as I haven't had much water today. *sigh* See? It just hasn't been a stellar day for me. I drank a huge cup of water after exercising this afternoon, but then had one glass of water and two diet sodas for the rest of the day. Blah. I hopped on the erg when I got home, and I put in another 1/2 hour of exercise in to help cover those nuggets. That makes a total of 25 miles in 1 hr. of "rowing" on the erg. Between all of that and cheering on the Steelers, I'm bushed!

I'm glad that tomorrow is a new day. Since it's already here (it's past midnight), I had better get myself in bed. I'll catch up with y'all later!

2 comments:

The Incredible Shrinking Family said...

For reasons that I have never been able to figure out, we have never been chicken nugget or chicken wing fans here. Not that we don't eat, but never those. I think my former equivilant would be Sun Chips. Not sure why but I cannot let them be if they come into my range of vision.

It's a new week. Onward nd downward !

Losing Myself said...

I actually exercised to the first half of the superbowl, and sort of ignored the second half.