Current Happenings

Monday, February 16, 2009

Working Through Controlled Chaos

Food
We've had our new house-guests for the weekend, and I think that we are settling into some kind of controlled chaos. If there is any real stress for me, it is just that I don't feel that my sister is happy. I can live with that though, and it shouldn't wear on me enough to affect my diet and exercise habits.

I haven't been eating as much as I should, and it is having a bit of an effect on me. I feel alright, but the scale is stuck on the same 'ole number. I may just hang there this week, as I'm still trying to find the energy to take care of the house and chase around after Boo. He is being a pretty nice boy, when he's not throwing toys at Pumpkin. All in all, I'm just trying to figure out how to get everything done without looking like a bossy ogre.

Where I'm having a bit of difficulty is in deciding how to structure meals. I don't have a large enough grocery budget to feed everyone much meat with dinner. So, I am trying to find some other protein sources that aren't horribly expensive. Beans come to mind, but I'm at a loss as to how I'm going to serve beans with dinner without making a soup. *laughs* Beans are not really my area of expertise.

Running
It felt real nice to take some time out and go to the gym yesterday. I don't normally visit the gym on Sundays, but I needed some time away to soothe myself. I'm still getting used to my new running shoes, so I walked for 5 minutes and then retied my shoes. It's going to take a few days of running before I'll know just how tight to tie them when I start out. I haven't found much more that is as distracting as having my toes fall asleep while I'm jogging. *grins*

I ran jogged for just over 2 miles yesterday. I am going to try and stick to a 2 mile jog during each treadmill session, at least until next week. Then I'm going to start adding an extra 5 minutes onto my jogging time. It is my goal to eventually get to the point where I can jog 5 miles in an hour, and actually survive that hour. lol Since I'm quite the tortoise when it comes to running, that will be a feat for me. If I never get any faster, I'd like to think that at least I will slowly be able to run for longer.

My shoulder is feeling ok today. It's not 100%, but it's not feeling horrible either. I'm going to stick with jogging though, and avoid doing upper body exercises for this whole week. I want to give it plenty of time to heal, so I don't make things worse. Jillian will just have to kick someone else's butt this week. *laughs* Maybe she should put out a CD full of "motivational" tracks, all of her getting in one's face and pushing them til they puke. I'd buy something like that. I wonder what it says about me. *chuckles* Am I some kind of closet masochist, that I don't like a softer approach?

Goals
My goals for today are rather simple. I want to remember to drink all of my water. I want to remember to eat all of my calories for the day. I want to get in 30 minutes of exercise. There is nothing spectacular there, but simple gets it done.

1 comments:

Losing Myself said...

Sounds doable. Question: does sister work? Is she helping you any?

Beans: What kind of beans are you thinking? Pinto beans? Cook them and serve with fried potatoes and cornbread. yum!
Black beans? Cook with brown rice and Cajun spices.
Other beans? guess you could look for recipes on the internet.