Current Happenings

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beautiful Weather & Walking

It has been absolutely gorgeous today. The sun has been shining brilliantly, and the weather is warm. There is a light breeze, but just enough to make the tips of your ears a little chilled. After having a little bit of lunch, I grabbed a zippie and my mp3 player and went out to enjoy the sunshine.

There were lots of kids and runners out today. I walked over to the park and then walked some laps around the path before heading home again. All in all, I got 5.3 miles in during the hour and 18 minutes that I was gone. It felt a lot longer than that while I was out there. I'm tired now! *laughs* There is just something about all of the sunshine that makes me want to curl up and take a nap.

Before I curl up in my big red chair, I need to find something good to eat. According to Calories Per Hour, I burned more calories during my walk than I've eaten today. I'm going to fix that, if I don't fall asleep first. *grins*

3 comments:

Ida said...

Doesn't burning more calories than you consume lead to weightloss? I thought that was the idea.

Marisa (Trim The Fat) said...

Great job on that walk!!

Kud said...

I went for a walk today too and walked about 4 miles in the sunlight. Overall I felt re-energized, healthy and excited for the weather to come. I guess this is what they call "healthy lifestyles"