Current Happenings

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How It's Goin

Hi Everybody! Things are going well over here. :o )

I am going to the thrift store this afternoon, to try and find pants for my sister and myself. We have both been working ourselves well, and are now moving out of our clothes. Rae brought up some of her jeans for me, since they are the size that I am now wearing. Since she is so much smaller through the hips than I am, she is in desperate need for some bottoms. It's going to be fun, poking through the racks with fresh eyes, now that we are both able to wear some cuter clothes.

I've been a good girl, and I'm happy to see the scale moving down a little bit more, a wee bit at a time. I'm down another 1/2 lb. as of this morning. DH was fussing at me last night though, telling me that I needed to eat some more. He has a point! I've been eating such yummy snacks, but they are pretty low in calories. I have eaten nearly two whole pounds of strawberries, a few bananas, a couple oranges, and a bunch of popcorn.

Before anyone freaks out about the popcorn- I bought an air popper! It's been so nice! I measure out my kernels ahead of time, so I know how much I am making, and then I just sprinkle a little "Butter Buds". I'm getting used to not having the salt.

Exercise has been going pretty well. I'm still getting myself all hot and sweaty, but I've stopped trying to calculate how many calories that I've burned. I'm just doing it for the movement, and not the numbers. That feels nice. I pedaled on my bike for 1 h. 50 m. yesterday, and enjoyed it. That's in addition to jogging for 25 minutes earlier in the day.

Well, everyone is ready to go, so I'm off!

3 comments:

Marisa (Trim The Fat) said...

Awesome job on the exercise! Have fun shopping at the thrift store - I just went to one the other day and got some really nice Ann Taylor Loft capris and Old Navy Capris for 6 bucks!

Amy said...

great job! Love thrift store shopping!

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Oooo, I'm jealous! I love thrift stores, too!