Current Happenings

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ready, Get Set....

I spent the afternoon getting ready for tomorrow. First, there was the trip to the grocery store to get what I will need. I needed to make sure that there would be enough main staples for the rest of my family, while I ate my own meals.

When I got home from the store, I began pulling things out of the freezer. My first round of dinners include chicken breast, broccoli, mashed potatoes, and peas. I put the chicken in the oven to roast, and the veggies in my steamer pots. Oh, it was a little hard to look at those fluffy mashed potatoes! I probably shouldn't cook while I'm hungry. That's better left for times when I'm not in danger of gnawing off my own arm. *laughs*

I got my dinners tucked away in divided tupper containers, waiting for me in the fridge. My lunches are where I splurged, getting some Healthy Choice frozen "Steamers". Oh, how I love their General Tso chicken. It's not the absolute best that I could do, but I'm looking to save my sanity a little bit while I'm working through all of this. Maybe I will do something different for lunches next week, but I want to make this first one as easy as possible.

I already have some workouts planned and written down, all equalling the 2 hours per day that I will be exercising. I'm flexible though. My husband bought a membership at my gym, so he and I can now exercise together. Since the gym has a babysitting service for a few hours each day, we can bring our daughter and let her hang out at the gym with us while we exercise. She has a Didj handheld learning game thing that she can play with while we are there. I'm nice, so I won't sit her down with homework. *laughs* I'm thinking that we won't go to the gym any more than 3 days per week, since my husband isn't used to going. That leaves me another three days at home to fill with sweat.

With us having church Wednesday evening, I'm going to exercise at home with my sister. She said that she is going to try and give this a go with me. We are going to do "Walk Away The Pounds", the 3 mile walk with weights. We're also going to do "Tone & Sweat" with Richard Simmons. Lastly, we are going to take turns with the XL Glider, and get in 35 minutes of sweatiness. I'm hoping that this is an easy enough beginning, because my chest is still a little sore. I think that I just slept on my side too long, and compressed the cartilege on the right side of my sternum. I injured it years ago, and now it takes only small mistakes to leave me in a bit of pain.

I guess that I'm all set! I know what I'm doing and eating tomorrow. For Thursday, I'll go to the gym with my husband, and we can work each other to a lather. I'm hoping that after a week or so, we'll both be able to do "30 day Shred" together. We'll see. *grins*

1 comments:

Ida said...

Go Squishy, Go Squish, you can do it. You can do it! Yeah you!