Current Happenings

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Runeth Over

Hey, my fit-iversary is only a couple of months away, and I want to do something cool. I was talking with my little sister this morning, and I think that I'm pretty set on rock wall climbing. *grins* Doesn't that sound like fun? I'm afraid of heights, but I'm alright when I know that I'm not going to splatter, and I can't be looking down. Since I'll be watching the wall and focusing on getting my butt up the wall, I should be ok. So long as I'm feeling all fierce, I can do a lot of things that I wouldn't do if I didn't wear my aggressive nature like battle armor. It's just like running, how I can struggle with a distance when putzing along on my own, but I eat up the ground when chasing. It works both for me, and against me. I can get in an awesome workout with someone who knows how to feed that drive. On the other hand, if someone pushes me and challeges me in a way that I can't accept, I'll run myself into the ground until I'm hurt and puking my guts up. I think that is why I allowed myself to become so unfit and sick, because I can't stomach weakness and helplessness- and being broken in such a deep way just stole the life from me for a while. It wasn't until I made up my mind that I wanted to stop surviving and LIVE that I found my fight again, and I've been pulling hard ever since. No little rock wall is going to make me shake and cry. I might have in the past, but not now. It just sounds like too much fun. It helps, knowing that I'm not going to splatter on the floor. *chuckles*

I wonder what kinds of things that other people want to do, when they determine that they want to live more of their life? I want to ride horses again, though I'm more cautious about it now, after having been squashed. It sounds like fun to take a few lessons, just to shake the dust off, and to sit a horse that I know isn't going to try and bury me. I want to go backpacking and hike some beautiful trails. I want to go canoeing and white-water rafting. I want to ride a roller coaster big and bad enough to make me scream like a little girl. I want to take some lessons and learn how to confidently pole-dance, just because (as I've been told so darned much) I'm a rather naughty girl. *chuckles* I want to slip into a short skirt and some big black boots and pick up the mic again. I want to feel the music pounding so damned hard and loud that it takes my breath and it blows the roof right off the place. I want to dance just for the fun of it, not caring a wit who is watching, no matter how stupid I look! *laughs*

1 comments:

Marisa (Trim The Fat) said...

I love your "list" of living life!