Current Happenings

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Sweat

I stayed up way too late last night, playing with my hair. DH and I stripped parts of my hair so I could lay a red-brown through the black. It took longer than we thought it would, hence the late bedtime. I've got to get a handle on my hours though. This Squish needs to be getting in bed around 10:30 p.m. or so.

When I dragged myself out of bed this morning, I immediately put my gym clothes on. It's a good thing that I'm not a terribly vain woman, because I went to the gym with multi-colored hair of various blazing hues. Seriously, it was white, yellow, copper, and black. Banana just isn't my color, you know? But, I went anyway and got my sweat on.

The treadmill was up first. I alternated walking and running, and then used the last 10+ minutes or so for sprints. I would walk for 60-90 seconds, and then sprint for 60 seconds. Wow. It's amazing, the power that sprints have to make me feel like puking. I hit the little red stop button after 45 minutes, and then went to lift weights.

I was still sore from lifting the other day, but just barely. I gave myself a strong resistance workout today. I can barely walk, after the running and the grueling torture that is the squat machine. I did inner & outer thighs, military presses, bench press, bicep curls, rows, and lat presses. About halfway through my weights, I ran into this guy who always seemed to be at the machine that I needed... so I took a few minutes off and hit some more cardio. I hopped on the upright bike for 15 minutes to warm myself up again, and I pedaled real hard before pouring myself back out on the floor to lift some more.

My body feels good right now, but I am tired. All I had for some breakfast was a bowl of chex. Granted, the serving was too big, and I used 3% milk. There were plenty of calories. It just wasn't quality fuel. Blah. I came home and heated a Lean Pocket, because I didn't have energy enough to actually COOK something yet.

Dinner is going to be delicious this evening, or at least it's going to feel like it after putting up with cold cereal and convenience food. I'm going to bake some chicken, cook some cauliflower, broccoli, and spinach. For "dessert" tonight, I'm going to air pop some popcorn and try sprinkling a little hot cajun seasoning on it. That might keep me from wanting any salt.... or anything else to eat for the night.

Edit: I don't have any pictures of myself with banana-colored hair, but I did blog about the whole thing. I have an ok picture of me with lighter hair.

1 comments:

Food Coma said...

I can't believe there was no picture with this post!! haha Good for you, I wish I could do that, however I am too vain!